Thursday, October 1, 2009

Foodie Friday ~ Homemade Italian Plum Pie

Foodie Friday is presented by Gollum at

Visit her site for more fabulous recipes:)

I found this recipe a long time ago in the food section of the newspaper and have loved it ever since. Last fall I had bought Italian Plums. I pitted and froze them for a special pie. Last weekend as you know was my birthday, so that was a good time to make that special pie. Making it was easy. I used a Pillsbury rolled refrigerated pie crust and then grabbed my plums from the freezer. Mixed the plums with the added ingrediants, put in the pie crust and into the oven.

Recipe:
4 cups pitted Italian plums
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of salt
In a bowl mix together above ingredients. Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust. Pour ingredients into crust. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon juice; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam. Seal. Sprinkle top crust with Wilton White Sparkling Sugar. Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 50 minutes.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes.

Cool on top of the oven.

Enjoy:)

9 comments:

Haden News said...

Judy your birthday pie looks so good!! I bet it was delish with a cup of tea!!

Karen said...

Absolutely mouth-watering! This sort of reminds me of a rhubarb pie. Is there any tartness to it?
I'll be back!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

The Fajdich Times said...

Kendra ~ You know it was delish with tea. I had Raspberry Champagne White Tea. It was the best:)

The Fajdich Times said...

Karen ~ No tartness, just perfectly sweet. Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

I make little pastries that sound just like this, but a pie would be so much easier. THANKS!!! Geri

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It looks dlicious! Yout crust is so pretty.

Happy FF!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks stellar. You've got me thinking. Plums are still available in out farmer's markets. This migh tbe a good weekend to give this a try. Your photos, by the way, are wonderful. Have a great day.

Kathleen said...

The pie looks delicious..I will look for Italian plums...
Happy Foodie Friday..come visit..:)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I don't believe I've ever had a plum pie! Your's looks delicious! Hope your parents are doing better.