Friday, January 29, 2010

Foodie Friday ~ Christmas Brittle

I call it Christmas Brittle.....but you can make this anytime of the year. Very simple to make! I made it last weekend and come Monday it was gone.






Christmas Brittle

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 package (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
saltine crackers
colored sprinkles or chopped nuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°. Line cookie sheet with foil and grease with butter. Place
single layer saltines (crackers) on buttered foil.
Cook together 1-cup butter, 1-cup sugar for approximately 3 minutes.
Pour over saltines, spread evenly. Place in hot oven for 5 minutes. Immediately
after taking from oven pour on top 12 oz. Milk chocolate chips and spread with
back of spoon until chocolate melts. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles and
refrigerate for 2 hours. Peel off foil and break into small pieces.

Foodie Friday is presented by
Visit her site for more fabulous recipes:)

8 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who did a Christmas post! And this really does sound good for any time of year. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us.

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Karen said...

I've eaten this before but never seen the recipe. Thank you!! So glad to have it now.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Haden News said...

I love this, but have never made it!! Have a great weekend...we are suppose to get snow and ice...

Sue said...

I had a friend years ago who made this. I loved it. I tried to make it once and for some reason mine turned out greasy and soft. I wondered if I didn't cook the sugar and butter long enough. I'd forgotten all about it...I'm going to try it again.

Sue

Tammy518 said...

This sounds good. I've never heard of it with the crackers, but looks very tasty.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Sounds great! I love brittle of any kind, especially with lots and lots of nuts. I'd have to opt for dark chocolate, though :)

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Who would guess that a humble cracker is the foundation of this lucious dessert? This recipe is on my "to do" list. Thanks!

Selina said...

I wish I had gotten this recipe sooner I would have made it the weekend, looks so simple and
wonderful.