Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lasagna

Mom gave me this recipe many years ago. Actually, she helped me make it my very first time:)Recipe:


Meat Mixture: Brown 2 pounds ground beef in 1 tablespoon salad oil. Add 2 cloves garlic; minced, 2 tablespoons parsley flakes, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 1-pound cans tomatoes, and 2 6-oz cans tomato paste. Simmer uncovered till thick, about 1 hour.


Cheese Mixture: Combine 2 12-oz cartons (or 1 23-oz carton) cottage cheese, 2 beaten eggs, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley flakes and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.


Noodles: Cook 1 1-lb package wide lasagna noodles in boiling water - salted and add oil. Cook till tender. Drain, rinse in cold water. Have 1 lb mozzarella, scamorze, or provolone cheese sliced very thin. Place thin layer of sauce in bottom of 13"x9"x2" baking pan. Place 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the cheese mixture over, add 1/2 the sliced cheese and 11/2 the meat. Repeat layers. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 30 minutes.


Foodie Friday is presented by


Visit her site for more fabulous recipes

10 comments:

Rachael West said...

I've been looking for a new lasagna recipe for some "freezer meals" I wonder how well this freezes?

I love to make double batches of recipes like this for a later date :+)

Kathy Walker said...

Lasagna is a great dish...delicious...and wonderful to share!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

You are making me hungry! Your lasagna sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Lasagna works for me any time...and it's been a while since I've made it...Thanks for the reminder a wonderful recipe!

Jacqueline said...

Lasagna is such a comfort food. I think we all must have memories of making it with our families because it really is easier if more than one is helping. It would be so perfect today with the sky overcast and ugly. (Yuck, it is has been like this for 2 weeks.)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love the combination of cheeses in your lasagna. This is one meal that never goes out of style!

MrsJenB said...

This looks wondering, and interesting - I don't think I've ever seen a recipe which only uses cottage cheese before, normally it's mixed with ricotta or not used at all. What, in your opinion, does this add to the lasagna? I'm just curious as to the difference in texture if there is any - because I'd love to try it but my husband is so picky when it comes to textures!

Thanks for sharing this at Foodie Friday!

MrsJenB said...

I meant wonderful, not wondering! ;)

Anonymous said...

HI..I would love to be welcome into your world of cooking.We love Lasagna at home. hope you dont mind if I follow you. You can check mine: www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com Thanks

The Fajdich Times said...

MrsJenB ~ I love the cottage cheese in the lasagna. I have made it with ricotta and I like it with the cottage cheese. Hope you give it a try:)