Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oven Roasted Tomatoes




Oven Roasted Tomatoes with Pasta

six Roma tomatoes (two servings)

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 teaspoons sugar

2 garlic cloves, finely diced

salt and pepper

pasta, cooked

frozen Langostinos (mini Lobster tails), thawed

fresh basil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half. Place in a cast iron pan. Add everything except the Langostinos and basil, toss to coat. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and crush the tomatoes with a potato masher. Put back into oven for 25 minutes more. Remove from oven and toss with Langostinos and pasta. Add basil.

Roasted Tomato Frittata

4 Roma tomatoes

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 garlic cloves, finely diced

yellow and orange small peppers, sliced into rings

salt and pepper

pasta, cooked

6 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup heavy cream

2 tablespoons each fresh basil, thyme, and rosemary, chopped

1 cup cheddar cheese

1/2 cup chihuahua cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half. Add garlic,oil, salt and pepper. Place in a cast iron pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and crush the tomatoes with a potato masher and add pepper rings. Put back into oven for 25 minutes more. Remove from oven and place on top of stove, toss with pasta. In a small bowl beat eggs and add cream. Pour on top of tomatoes and pasta. Cook on stove till set. Sprinkle both cheeses on top. Put back into oven for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.



I would like to thank Happier than a Pig in Mud for sharing her Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic with Pasta recipe on last weeks Foodie Friday. I liked it so much I made the Frittata also:) Stop over at Designs by Gollum for this weeks Foodie Friday event.

9 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

This looks so delicious--and roasting tomatoes makes the house smell so good!

Best,
Bonnie

Lynn said...

Looks like you've been busy and eating well! Love the Frittata idea:@)

Heather at Farm to Fork said...

My mouth is watering. I am craving tomatoes now. I just love a light pasta sauce like this. I have never made Frittata though. I think I would really like your version. Thanks for the post.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I can't wait for fresh tomatoes in the garden to try this pasta dish. My mouth is watering!

Kathleen said...

I will have to try that when the local tomatoes come in!

Pam said...

This is a perfect dish for using fresh tomatoes this summer! What great color and I can imagine how delicious it is. The frittata sounds great too, love to make them. Have a good weekend!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The Oven Roasted Tomatoes with Pasta looks so, so good!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

That is the BEST looking frittata I have ever seen.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I have copied the recipe and intend to try it soon. Thanks for sharing. This is the first time I've been here and am wandering around a bit, looking at all your lovely posts.